Pest Control Prevention Tips
- Remove sources of food, water and shelter.
- Store food in sealed plastic or glass containers. Garbage containing food scraps should be placed in tightly covered trash cans. Remove garbage regularly from your home.
- Fix leaky plumbing and don't let water accumulate anywhere in the home. Don't let water collect in trays under your house plants or refrigerator. Don't leave pet food and water out overnight.
- Clutter provides places for pests to breed and hide and makes it hard to get rid of them. Get rid of things like stacks of newspapers, magazines, or cardboard.
- Close off places where pests can enter and hide. For example, caulk cracks and crevices around cabinets or baseboards. Use steel wool to fill spaces around pipes. Cover any holes with wire mesh.
- Learn about the pests you have and options to control them.
- Check for pests in packages or boxes before carrying them into your home.
Frequently asked Questions
How long do I have to leave the house for following a fumigation?
The pest control operative will advise you when you can return to an area following treatment. It is usually safe to do so after a period of around 4 to 6 hours. Clients with breathing problems should be away from the treated area for a minimum of 8 hours.
Are my pets safe?
As above, the pest control technician will explain the best method of treatment and when it is safe for your pests to return.
What is involved in a treatment for rats or mice?
During your appointment, our team will talk to you to help establish the type of pest (if you aren’t certain) and where you saw or heard them. They will then survey the affected areas to find the cause of the infestation.
After discussing your personal needs, including whether you have small children or pets, they will recommend the best possible treatment to safely, effectively and humanely control the rats or mice.
Our pest controllers will also offer advice as to how you can reduce future issues with pests, including any preventative or pest proofing measures.
Price range of extermination services.
Each extermination service will range in price depending on the size that needs to be treated. Our prices will be competitive with small competitors and a bit lower than big companies.
Are pest control methods toxic?
The team provides expert advice regarding the control of pests, as well as pest prevention methods and non- toxic treatments. Preventative pre-planned visits and annual contracts are available to businesses as well as scheduled appointments. We operate to the highest industry standards and offer safe and (where possible) environmentally friendly control.